Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Concentration: Architectural Engineering
The Department of Architectural Engineering offers a PhD degree in Architectural Engineering. The program targets practicing architectural engineers and architects with an undergraduate B.Sc degree in Architectural Engineering from UAE University, or equivalent in related fields, who wish to enhance their architectural knowledge, research, and advance their career, particularly in the area of sustainability and the built environment as related to urban studies, building science, or construction management. In addition, the program is aimed at MSc students who wish to pursue an academic career in Architectural Engineering.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Will demonstrate the breadth of knowledge in the discipline and advance, in-depth knowledge in the sub-discipline or area of specialization.
- Will have performed and defended an original work of research in their fields of specialization which contributed new human knowledge.
- Will be able to identify, analyze critically and explain open problems in their disciplines and apply relevant research methodology for finding a possible solution.
- Will be able to communicate the major tenets of their field of specialization and their work orally and in writing to the faculty, their peers, and the lay public.
- Will be able to identify areas where ethical issues may arise in their field, and articulate strategies to mitigate situations related to ethical issues in their profession.
- Will demonstrate an insight into the transferable nature of research skills to other work environments and the range of career opportunities available to them inside and outside academia.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 55 hours
Part 3: Elective Requirements
(Any two Elective courses from Architectural Eng. or other programs) (6.00 hours)