Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Concentration: Electrical Engineering
The rapid growth of the communications, renewable energy, and oil industry in UAE requires academic infrastructure that can support the management and maintenance of new technological innovations, and for involvement in the development and design of new products. The electrical engineering department at UAE university has initiated PhD program in to support these growing needs. The award of the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering requires successful completion of a minimum of 55 credit hours. 25 credit hours of graduate coursework and 30 credit hours in research in addition to passing comprehensive and prospectus exams. Graduates of the program will contribute to the transfer of research knowledge, skills, and methodologies to work environments. Graduates of the program will be highly specialized in their respective areas and therefore they are anticipated to take the lead in the national development of the UAE in the various fields of Electrical Engineering.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Will demonstrate the breadth of knowledge in the discipline and advance, in-depth knowledge in the sub-discipline or area of specialization.
- Will have performed and defended an original work of research in their fields of specialization which contributed new human knowledge.
- Will be able to identify, analyze critically and explain open problems in their disciplines and apply relevant research methodology for finding a possible solution.
- Will be able to communicate the major tenets of their field of specialization and their work orally and in writing to the faculty, their peers, and the lay public.
- Will be able to identify areas where ethical issues may arise in their field, and articulate strategies to mitigate situations related to ethical issues in their profession.
- Will demonstrate an insight into the transferable nature of research skills to other work environments and the range of career opportunities available to them inside and outside academia.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 55 hours
Part 3: Elective Requirements
(Any two elective courses from Electrical Eng. or other programs) (6.00 hours)